Advantage Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic opened on October 9, 2007. It is owned and operated by local registered physiotherapists who are committed to providing comprehensive physiotherapy with a focus on individual manual therapy, thereby maximizing therapist time with each client.
A key piece of our philosophy is focused around manual therapy. Manual therapy is an area of practice within physiotherapy and is a system of assessing, diagnosing and treating selected neuromusculoskeletal disorders with specific skills, including mobilization and manipulation, in conjunction with education and exercise, to restore optimal motion and function, and/or reduce pain.
We are pleased to offer proven and effective treatments for the following dysfunctions:
• Low Back pain
• Whiplash and Motor Vehicle Accident injuries
• Sports Injuries (ligaments and tendons)
• Biomechanical Running Assessments
• Temporomandibular Joint impairments (TMJ)
• Pre and Post-Natal pain
• Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
• Joint and Muscle Pain (Sprains and Strains)
"Focusing on Individualized Manual Therapy"
A list of services we provide
• Specialized taping (Kinesio & athletic taping)
• Return to sport programs
• Trigger point dry needling (TDN)
• Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE/FAE)
• Manual Therapy
• Biomechanical, gait & running